10 March 2017
Indulge in delectable treats this Easter as the Duke of York Square Fine Food Market is transformed into a chocolate-lovers’ paradise.
On Saturday 15th April, the celebrated Chocolate Market returns to the Square for an Easter Saturday appearance, offering visitors a chance to enjoy an array of delightful chocolate delicacies.
Overseen by the statue of Sir Hans Sloane, the original inventor of chocolate as we know it today, the Easter Chocolate Market is the go-to destination for anyone with a sweet tooth. Taking place alongside the regular Fine Food Market, it will feature both popular brands and smaller artisanal chocolatiers, perfect for indulging and discovering luxury gifts for loved ones.
Just some of the chocolatiers featuring at the market this year include:
- Hans Sloane: Sir Hans Sloane, adventurer, collector, benefactor and last but certainly not least chocolate pioneer, returned from Jamaica in the late 17th century introducing milk chocolate to Europe. The award-winning London chocolatier that bears his name will be featuring a selection of delicacies, including their handmade Easter Egg. Made from rich dark chocolate and filled with unique pure chocolate beads, the egg forms the basis of a delicious, rich, chocolate drink – simply pop into a cup add hot milk, and whisk!
- Simply Hand Made Chocolate: Also making an appearance this year is resident chocolatier at the market each week - Alistair Croll, Founder of Simply Hand Made Chocolates. His exquisite handcrafted artisan chocolates and macaroons will be more than enough to satisfy those with a sweet tooth.
- Chocofruit: Specialising in divine milk, dark and white chocolate covered fruit desserts, Chocofruit’s treats are garnished with an array of mouth-watering toppings – including Belgian chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered bananas and mixed fruit skewers.
- Aztec Chocolate: Following years of creative experimentation from chef and restaurateur Emma Ogilv comes Aztec Gold's handcrafted vegan chocolate. Using the finest delicious criollo cacao beans from small scale farming cooperatives in Peru, Aztec Chocolate deliver a selection of exceptional dark chocolate bars that not only look great, but taste amazing too.
- Lavolio: awarded an impressive three stars by the Guild of Fine Foods, Lavolio’s latest creation of deliciously nutty Soft Nougat was awarded two stars at the Great Taste Awards 2016. Their bespoke combination of real pieces of fruit, nuts, and jellies wrapped in chocolate and spices are enjoyed by those all over the world.
The Duke of York Square Saturday Fine Food Market will be open for business as usual between 10am and 4pm, with all weekly vendors present along with a selection of chocolatiers. Entry is complimentary.