Moving In and Out
If you are a new or prospective tenant and you would like to find out more about the moving in and moving out process, please see Renting a Property
Assured Shorthold Tenancies - Key Facts
- Usually granted for a period of one to three years
- Generally (but not always) tenants have the option to break (meaning the contract can be ended) after four months with 60 days notice
- Cadogan will deal with any general repairs and the maintenance of any equipment supplied with the property
- Tenants take responsibility for cleaning (including carpets and windows) and breakages
- These tenancies are only able to be granted to individuals (for companies, see 'Contractual Tenancy')
Contractual and Key Worker Tenancies are largely the same as Assured Shorthold Tenancies, but with the differences noted below.
- Similar to Assured Shorthold Tenancies, but can be granted to companies or individuals
- If granted to an individual, the annual rent must be in excess of £100,000 (threshold increased by legislation from £25,000 in October 2010)
Key Worker Tenancies
Cadogan offer a number of properties to key workers whose place of work is in Chelsea. The terms and conditions of such leases are similar to those offered to Assured Shorthold Tenants.
- Key workers are defined as policemen/women, teachers and nurses
- Properties are mostly studios or one bedroom flats, although there are a small number of units available for family occupation
- These tenancies are offered on an annual basis. Before renewal the tenant will be asked to confirm that they are still a key worker and in the same employment
- Generally we have waiting lists for these tenancies. If you would like to be included on the waiting list, please contact the lettings team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cadogan Complaints Procedure
Cadogan are committed to offering and delivering a high level of service to our customers. However, although rare, problems can occasionally occur and when this does happen we will do our very best to resolve the issue. If you wish to make a complaint we would ask in the first instance that you contact either email@example.com our Assistant Lettings Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org our Customer Liaison Manager who will of course be very happy to assist you. If you wish to view our complaints procedure please see here.